Kentucky vs. Auburn Post Game
Posted by ibleedblue040 on January 17, 2010
Kentucky had a less-than-stellar outing tonight vs. Auburn in their second SEC road game of the season, pulling out a 72-67 victory over the 9-9 Tigers at Beard-Eaves-Memoiral Coliseum.
Leading the Cats was DeMarcus Cousins who recorded his ninth double-double of the season—16 points and 11 rebounds.
I was very surprised with the activity inside the paint tonight by the Wildcats. Patrick Patterson and DeMarcus Cousins combined to only shoot 12 shots while John Wall and Eric Bledsoe shot 16. UK had a serious advantage in the paint and did NOT take advantage of it as I would have hoped. The rebounding margin was only +5 for the Cats and should’ve been at least +15.
– Kentucky attempted 35 free throws against Auburn, tying the season-high set earlier this year against Cleveland State in Cancun.
– The Cats shot over 50% from the field for the 11th time this season
– UK had four players—Wall, Bledsoe, Patterson, and Cousins—play 30+ minutes for the first time since November 25th against Stanford
– In their last 26 games against the Tigers, Kentucky is now 25-1
– The 9 offensive rebounds that Kentucky had tonight were the fewest of the season, marking the first time UK has posted single-diget offensive boards all season